August 7, 2019 – Delray Beach, FL:
Local Credit Union Donates School Supplies to Help Students in Need
This summer, IBM Southeast Employees' Credit Union's Southeast Credit Union Foundation hosted the 3rd Annual School Ready Day events to help local Florida and Georgia kids in need.
The SECU Foundation believes that children are our future and that investing in their success now is important. Members of the community and IBMSECU employees were invited to donate and drop off backpacks and school supplies at their nearest IBMSECU branch to help local kindergarteners start the school year better prepared.
Over 600 Florida and Georgia Head Start children and their families were invited to come out and participate in a host of free services and resources, including: Dental education, new school supplies, shoes, clothing, and much more. School Ready Day Sponsors included Sage Dental, Spodak Dental, and the Pompano Beach Library.
School Ready Days took place on the following days at the following South Florida and Atlanta metro, Georgia locations:
- July 9, 2019 – Easter Seals – 399 Macedonia Road SE, Atlanta, GA 30354
- July 10, 2019 – Cobb County Headstart (Allgood Elementary) 461 Allgood Road, Marietta, GA 30060
- July 11, 2019 – Pickens County Headstart - 529 Head Start Road, Jasper, GA 30177
- July 12, 2019 – Sheltering Arms - 1585 Roberta Drive, Marietta, GA 30008
- July 15, 2019 – Pleasant City Elementary - 2222 Spruce Avenue, West Palm Beach, FL 33407
- July 15, 2019 – West Riviera Head Start - 1057 W. 6th St., Riviera Beach, FL 33404
- July 16, 2019 – Village Academy - 400 SW 12th Avenue, Delray Beach, FL 33444
- July 17, 2019 – Pompano Beach Library - 50 W. Atlantic Blvd., Pompano Beach, FL 33060
- July 18, 2019 – Achievement Centers - 555 NW 4th St., Delray Beach, FL 33444
- July 23, 2019 – Head Start of Indian River - 3550 41st St, Vero Beach, FL 32967
- July 24, 2019 – Francina Duval Head Start Center - 1035 S 27th Cir, Fort Pierce, FL 34947
The Southeast Credit Union Foundation Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization registered in the state of Florida and its mission is to improve the lives of children and families in the communities we serve.
Head Start is a Federal program that promotes the school readiness of children from birth to age five from low-income families by enhancing their cognitive, social, and emotional development. Head Start programs provide a learning environment that supports children's growth in many areas such as language, literacy, and social and emotional development. Head Start emphasizes the role of parents as their child's first and most important teacher. These programs help build relationships with families that support family well-being and many other important areas.
Stephen Johnson, Director of the Southeast Credit Union Foundation at IBMSECU stated, “Seeing the smiles on the faces of local, deserving children and families was priceless. Knowing that so many children in the communities we serve in were helped makes it all worth it. Improving the lives of families is what we strive for as children are our most important assets. A big thank you to our members, sponsors, and employees for making these donations and events possible.”
IBMSECU is a Member-owned financial institution that has provided financial services to families for 50 years. They have 19 branch locations in Florida and Georgia. To be eligible for Membership, you must work for or be retired from a Member Company, live in an approved county, worship or attend school in an approved county, or be an immediate family member of/live in the same household as an existing member. You can begin taking advantage of their very competitive deposit rates on savings and checking by opening an account online or call 800.873.5100.
IBMSECU, established in 1969, is a growing and dynamic Credit Union, with more than 86,000 Members worldwide and $1.5 billion in assets. A Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial institution that is owned by its Members. Credit Unions generally offer high-yield deposits, low interest-rate loans and low fee structures. IBMSECU offers a complete range of products and services including: Checking and Savings accounts, Money Market accounts, Certificates, IRAs, First and Second Mortgages, Car Loans, Visa® Credit Cards, Business Services, and much more.