How to Send Money with Zelle®
Sign in to your iTHINK Financial account and select Send Money, then Send Money with Zelle®. After you accept the terms and conditions, enter your email address or U.S. mobile phone number to receive a one-time verification code. Next, enter the code in the appropriate box on the enrollment screen, and you're all set.
Add a Recipient
To find a new trusted recipient, enter their email address or U.S. mobile number. If the recipient hasn't enrolled in Zelle®, they'll receive an email or text telling them how to enroll to receive the money you've sent.
Choose the recipient and the amount to send. It's essential to ensure the recipient's information is correct because sending money to the wrong recipient could result in a loss of money. Tap Send after you've verified everything is correct.
Your credit union will never request Online Banking or Mobile Banking App logins or passwords for Zelle. If you believe you have fallen victim to this scam with your credit union account, please contact us at 1-800-873-5100 or firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Avoid Scams by Understanding How Zelle® Work
WHEN SENDING MONEY TO FRIENDS & FAMILY
- Make sure you get verbal confirmation that the person requesting money from you is your friend or family.
- Money requests from social media or impersonal outlets are more likely to be sent by a scammer.
- If it seems weird or out of place, do not trust it; it is better to be safe than sorry.
WHEN RECEIVING UNSOLICITED CALLS
- If you receive an unsolicited call or unexpected message about a cash transfer, hang up and call us right away.
- Think to yourself; Why would my credit union ask me to send or confirm money they already have?
- It is likely a scam if the request is out of the ordinary or too good to be true.
AVOIDING REAL ESTATE OR RENTAL FRAUD
- Looking for a new home, but the landlord wants the deposit before you see the place. This is most likely fraud.
- Any real estate transaction requiring money before paperwork is signed is a true red flag for fraud.
- Money should never be sent to an unknown or unseen party.
WHEN MAKING ONLINE PURCHASES
- Zelle® should not be used for online purchases as there is no way to dispute the transfer in cases of fraud or dissatisfaction with the product.
- Zelle® should only be used between family, friends, and people you trust.
- Debit and credit cards offer channels for you to dispute a transaction in cases of fraud.
Zelle® and the Zelle® related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.