The choice is yours. Consider these ways to cover overdrafts:
Overdraft Protection Transfer: linked to your iTHINK Financial Credit Card or Existing Line of Credit
$0.00 per covered transaction (interest charges apply)
Overdraft Protection Transfer: linked to a share account at iTHINK Financial
$7.00 per covered transaction
Overdraft Transactions: transactions paid by iTHINK Financial when no other sources of funds are available
$29.00 per covered transaction
Overdraft Protection Transfer prevents overdrafts by automatically transferring funds to your checking account from a share account, credit card, or existing line of credit you may have at iTHINK Financial for a fee or finance charge (if the balance is not paid in full prior to the start of next billing cycle). Call us at 800.873.5100, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit your local branch to sign up or apply for these services. Please note that cash advances may be subject to credit approval.
Overdraft Transactions apply to transactions that overdraw your checking account where sufficient funds are not available in other accounts or sources to initiate the use of Overdraft Protection Transfers.
Comparison of Standard and Debit Card/ATM Coverage
Transactions Covered by Overdrafts
Debit Card/ATM Coverage
ACH – Automatic Debits
Recurring Debit Card Payments
Bill Pay Items
Everyday Debit Card Transactions
*If you choose Debit Card/ATM coverage, everyday debit card transactions will be included with the transactions listed under Standard Coverage.
If you would like to select coverage for future transactions:
- Call us at 800.873.5100
- Visit any branch near you
- Email us at email@example.com
- Complete an Overdraft Coverage Consent Form and then return it to the Credit Union.
You can discontinue Overdraft in its entirety by contacting us at 800.873.5100 or sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Else You Should Know
- A link to another share account or a line of credit is a less expensive option than Overdraft Transaction coverage. A single larger transaction will result in just one fee, as opposed to multiple smaller transactions. Good account management is the best way to avoid account overdrafts and fees. Use Online Banking or Mobile Banking at ithinkfi.org to keep track of your balance.
- The $29 Overdraft Transaction fee is the same fee amount that is charged if a check is returned as unpaid. If multiple items overdraw your account on the same day, each item will be assessed an appropriate Overdraft Transaction Fee or a Returned Item Fee for Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) of $29. All fees and charges will be included as part of the Overdraft Transaction limit amount. Your account may become overdrawn in excess of the Overdraft Transaction limit amount as a result of a fee.
- The $7 Overdraft Protection Transfer Fee does not count towards the Overdraft Protection limit or maximum daily fee charges.
- There is a limit of 5 Overdraft/NSF Fees – $145 per day that we may charge.
- We generally post items in the following order: 1) credits, 2) ATM, debit card transactions and ACH debits in the order received, 3) checks (check number order); however, exceptions may occur. Holds on funds described below and the order in which transactions are posted may impact the total amount of Overdraft Transaction fees or Returned Item fees assessed.
- Although under payment system rules, iTHINK Financial may be obligated to pay some unauthorized debit card transactions, iTHINK Financial will not authorize debit card transactions unless there are available funds, including Overdraft Transaction coverage options limits, to cover the transactions and any fee(s).
- Giving us your consent to pay everyday debit card/ATM overdrafts may result in you incurring Overdraft Transaction fees for transactions that we would otherwise be required to pay without assessing a fee. However, this would allow us to authorize transactions up to the amount of your Overdraft Transaction limit and may also help you avoid overdrafts more than your available funds that could result in restriction of your debit card.